What Does It Mean to “Write for SEO” in 2018?
“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes” — it’s a quote that’s actually quite applicable when it comes to writing for SEO. Much of the advice given to copywriters, journalists, editors, and other content creators for SEO writing is dangerously out of date, leaning on practices that were once tried and true but that could now get your site penalized.
Those who don’t learn from Training Institute like Alive Digital: Digital Marketing Training Institute they need to read this entire blog to understand what should be their strategy to “Write for SEO” in 2018.
To get an idea about SEO writing strategy in 2018 let’s begin with “Write for SEO” in 2001 then we will see “Write for
“Writing for SEO” in 2001:
- Keyword stuffing.
- They would use and reuse a bunch of different variants, slight keyword variants.
- Keyword use in every tag possible.
- Domain name and subdomain keyword use.
- SEO writing was writing for engines and then trying not to annoy or piss off users.
“Writing for SEO” in 2008
- Keywords are still important in important locations.
- Exact matching still matters in a lot of places. So people were crafting unique pages even for keywords that shared the same intent.
- Domain names were definitely less powerful, subdomains more so, but still influential.
- Since links in 2008 were overwhelmingly powerful rather than on-page signals, writing in order to get links is incredibly prized.
In fact, it still is, but we’ll talk about the evolution of that a little bit that going to implement in 2018.
“Writing for SEO” in 2018
- Solving the searcher’s query matter most — writing that doesn’t do this tends not to rank well (for long).
- Intent matching matters a lot more in 2018 than exact keyword matching.
- Only a few tags are still absolutely crucial to doing SEO correctly.
- Employing words, phrases, and concepts that Google’s identified as a sort of commonly associated with the query.
- The user experience of the writing and content matters more than ever, and that is due to engagement metrics.
To learn effective SEO strategy join Alive Digital: Digital Marketing Training Institute or contact us