Having the right AdWords bidding strategy will help you win more auctions to improve your chances of higher performing conversions.
Focus on conversions
- Target CPA (cost-per-acquisition): If you want to optimize for conversions, you can use Target CPA to help increase conversions while targeting a specific cost-per-acquisition (CPA). For example a sale, click, or forms submit (e.g., contact request, newsletter sign up, registration etc.)
- Target ROAS (return-on-ad-spend): If you want to optimize for conversion value, you can use Target ROAS to help increase conversion value while targeting a specific return-on-ad-spend (ROAS). The highest manual CPC bid you want AdWordsto set for any keywords, ad groups, or campaigns using “target ROAS.” Min. bid limit: The minimum max. CPC bid you want AdWords to set for any keywords, ad groups, or campaigns using “target ROAS”.
- Maximize Conversions: If you want to optimize for conversions, but just want to spend your entire budget instead of targeting a specific CPA, you can use Maximize Conversions.
- Enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC): If you want to automatically adjust your manual bids to try to maximize conversions, you can use ECPC. It’s an optional feature you can use with Manual CPC bidding.
Focus on clicks
If you’re focusing on gaining clicks to generate traffic to your website, there are two cost-per-click bid strategies to consider:
- Maximize Clicks: This is an automated bid strategy. It’s the simplest way to bid for clicks. All you have to do is set a daily budget, and the AdWords system automatically manages your bids to bring you the most clicks possible within your budget.
- Manual CPC bidding: This lets you manage your maximum CPC bids yourself. You can set different bids for each ad group in your campaign, or for individual keywords or placements. If you’ve found that certain keywords or placements are more profitable, you can use manual bidding to allocate more of your advertising budget to those keywords or placements.
Focus on impressions
If you want to focus on impressions, you can try one of the following bid strategies to help maximize visibility.
- Target Search Page Location: This is an automated bid strategy that automatically sets your bids to help increase the chances that your ads appear at the top of the page, or on the first page of search results.
- Target Outranking Share: This is an automated bid strategy that lets you choose a domain you want to outrank so that your ad is displayed above that domain’s ads, or shows when that domain’s ad does not. You can set how often you want to outrank that domain, and Ad-words automatically sets your Search bids to help meet that target.
To learn more Join Our Complete Digital Marketing Training Program