Analytics is a Google tool that track the website traffic, Basically it is tool specially designed to identify Customer Behavior for your website.
Setup and Integrate google analytics
- First we need to create an analytics account – sign in to google.com/analytics using your gmail id.
- Once you are logged in, click on Admin at the top.
- Click on the Account dropdown and select the account under which you would like to add a new website.
- In the middle Property column, click on the dropdown and Create new property.
- Fill in your website details and click Get Tracking ID button.
- That’s it now you can see the Tracking ID and tracking code.
- In case of WordPress Website – Now copy that Tracking Id and pest it in your website’s analytics plugin or any SEO Plugin in order to track your complete website.
- In Case of website is in other Programming language – Copy that Tracking code and pest it in <head> tag of every web page you want to track.
- Once this is done you will receive your website traffic data in few hours after integration
Get detail reporting for your website
Now you are able to get the below reports
- Real Time reporting : Real-Time allows you to monitor activity as it happens on your site or app. The reports are updated continuously and each hit is reported seconds after it occurs. For example, you can see how many people are on your site right now, which pages or events they’re interacting with, and which goal conversions have occurred.
- Audience : The Audience reports provide insight into characteristics of your users
- Behavior : Behavior reports let you assess the performance of your content and the actions visitors take on your website
- Conversion : An actions that counted when someone interacts with your website (for example, contact us form submission, register for demo, signup for newsletter) and then takes an action that you’ve defined as valuable to your business, such as an online purchase or a call to your business from a mobile phone.