Google Offers many tools for free which are useful for marketers, to get more out of search engine and social media ! In Digital Marketing Training we covers many of the Google tools. We will cover all of them here in Google tools Series one by one everyday.!
Lets have a overview of Google Alerts today!
Google Alerts is a content change detection and notification service, offered by the Google search engine. which sends email alerts about any topic you want. Most people monitor their names and their business.
To get started, go to www.google.com/alerts. If you aren’t already signed in to Google, sign in to your account now.
Once you type search terms for what you want to set an alert, You’ll see six boxes in under show options
- How often : How Often you want to get those alert – As it happens, At most once a day or At most once a week
- Sources: Source could be Blogs published,news, videos, discussion or web..
- Language: Your alert term published preferred language.
- Region : Set an alert for specific Region(Country)
- How many: Do you want to get all results related to your alert or only the best
- Deliver to: Email id where you want to sent those alerts.
All set.. Now you will receive an alert on your fav. topic.. You can set up to 1,000 Alerts, so it’s basically limitless.
Some Google alert search query tips
- Use “” around your search query to get the exact results (for example: “Digital Marketing Trends”
- Use “-” (minus sign) to filter irrelevant terms (For Example : “Digital Marketing Classes in pune” -online I know there are some institute provides online Digital Marketing Training )
- Use “link:” to see who is searching for your website ( For Example : link:www.alivedigital.in this will show me who is linking to my site)
- Use “Site:” to search a site for specific content (For Example : “Priyankka Deoo” site:wordpress.org this will alert me every time wordpress.org mentions my name)
- Use “related:” to find similar sites. (For Example: related:Digital Marketing Training institutes , this will return the site related to term Digital Marketing Training institutes )
We saw how to search, lets see what to search..
- Set up Alerts on you and your business.
- Set up Alerts on keywords relevant to your industry.
- Set up Alerts on your top clients.
- Set up Alerts on your competitors
- Set up Alerts to monitor plagiarism
This is all about Google Alert, watch this space for more Google Tools and don’t forgate to share this blog.. 🙂